tivo seems to have updated to the 2.5 software already. Which seems to
generally be a lot better.

except now the “advance ahead 30 seconds” (aka “skip a commercial”)
advances to the very end of a recording. Looks like there is a “code” to
reenable that. Something to try when I get home.

One thing I would like is someway to say “record all shows with performances
by band/artist FOO”. I’ve tried setting up some keyword wishlists that way, but
so far havent caught anything.

I seem to be somewhat addicted to ebay now. I now see how people can
easily become “collectors”. I’m scared.

Caught an episode of Egg that features Ned Kahn
who looks to have lots of interesting pieces. Looks like even a couple in North
Carolina. He seems to mention Andy Goldsworthy as an inspiration, which doesnt really surprise me.

Went and saw Trans Am at Kings last night. Not quite as interesting
as John Paul Jones & King Crimson I suspect, but tickets were
certainly easier to get.

Pretty good show all and all. A much different (and shorter) set than
last time they played at Kings. This set was a lot dancier and a lot
less “Evil Dark Sci-Fi Overlords Of The Planet Oberheim”. I kind
of preferred the latter, but the crowd seemed to enjoy the show.

Bits and chunks of a digitech pds8000 arived (quite literally, no
case, just parts). If nothing else, I should be able to put it’s innards
into the pds-2000 case.

Looks like I might actually have something to do this weekend.
Unfortunately, it also looks like I might be working this weekend.
Entering stage one of “Operation Cheetah Flip”. We’ll see how
this goes.

The Lexicon Vortex finally arrived.
That in combo with the “Snarling Dogs Mold Spore Wah/Ring Modulator”
should make for interesting noises. If nothing else, the latter wins for most interesting name for something
to plug a guitar into. Also got a couple of digitech delay pedals on the way (the pds-* “double
pedal” variety for those that care). I used to have one and got rid of it for reasons I dont remember.

Finally got the up2date errata out the door. It seems like it took ages. The new version seems
to be pretty good except for one report of it failing on lilo.confs with ‘boot=”/dev/hda”‘. (ie, the
name of the boot device quoted). I have something like 130 lilo.confs in the test suite and
none of them have that. Grrr.

Posted by request of flavor. I need to find more vaguely interesting
images to post.